Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Chipped, broken and stained teeth can make an impact on your smile, and that can further impact your self-esteem, professional and personal relationships, and more. As your dentist in Lenexa, KS, we can make your natural teeth their most beautiful with a variety of cosmetic dentistry services that can change the color, shape, and constitution of your teeth. No more worries about chips, cracks, damage, and stains. With cosmetic dentistry services from James T. Voorhees, DDS, we can help you achieve the aesthetic quality that you’ve always wanted for your teeth.
Who Needs Cosmetic Dentistry Services?
You can benefit from cosmetic dentistry services if you feel self-conscious about your smile, if your smile impacts the way you interact with others, or if you’re dissatisfied with the appearance of your teeth. If your teeth have been injured in an accident, have been impacted by gum disease or years of smoking, or if you simply have serious stains on your teeth, talk to your dentist about cosmetic dentistry services in Lenexa, KS.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that can hide cosmetic defects like stains and chips. The bonding material is created from resin that covers the front of your teeth to create a new exterior. Dental bonding is matched to the color of your other teeth, which means that dental bonding looks natural. Once the bonding is in place, no one will be able to tell the damage was ever there.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
There are many benefits of dental bonding, including:
- Confidence in your appearance. Some people hesitate to even smile because of the way their teeth look. Dental bonding helps restore confidence in your appearance, even if your teeth have been damaged.
- You’ll want to smile more. Smiling is good for you! When you smile at others, you encourage important interpersonal relationships. When your teeth are beautiful and white, you’ll want to smile even more.
- Protection for your teeth. Dental bonding resin creates a protective layer that can fill cracks, protect your teeth from infection and help prevent decay.
- Fast treatment. Application of dental bonding on your teeth is fast and easy. Work with your dentist from Lenexa, KS to schedule an appointment that will work for you.
- Safe. Dental bonding material is made from a safe composite resin material. Our bonding material contains no mercury and other toxins that could make dental bonding less safe overall.
Cosmetic Gum Contouring
Your gums are an important part of your smile, but it can be frustrating when your gums don’t quite conform to your idea of beauty.
Cosmetic gum contouring is a procedure that can change the shape and appearance of your gums. It’s often used by dental patients who have:
- Gummy smile. Are your teeth small compared to your gums? Gum contouring can increase the ratio of teeth to gums to create a more balanced smile overall.
- Strangely sized teeth. Whether your teeth are too small or extra large, cosmetic gum contouring can bring the gums and tooth enamel into balance overall.
- Gum recession. Gum recession is a problem that many adults face when they’re older, but regardless of your age, if you’ve ever suffered from gum disease, gingivitis or a similar problem, you may have gum recession as well. Your dentist in Lenexa KS can identify if you have gum recession and may recommend cosmetic gum contouring as an option.
The best candidates for gum contouring are those that have good dental hygiene habits and healthy teeth and gums overall. If you would like cosmetic gum contouring but have poor oral hygiene, dental disease or another problem, your dentist will likely suggest restoring your oral health before the gum contouring process.
Cosmetic Dental Fillings
Cosmetic dental fillings are just like traditional fillings in many ways. They stop tooth decay and protect the delicate, inner pulp of the tooth. Dental fillings can stop an infection from starting, and also protect the patient from the pain that they might experience when they have a cavity.
Unlike traditional amalgam fillings, cosmetic dental fillings are made from a material that looks just like standard tooth enamel. They’re subtler and harder to spot.
Benefits of cosmetic dental fillings include:
- No one will know you had a cavity
- Your teeth will appear in-tact
- Your filling won’t contain any mercury
Who Needs Cosmetic Dental Fillings?
You can benefit from cosmetic dental fillings if you have a cavity, regardless of where that cavity is located. Often, patients prefer these fillings in the front teeth, where an amalgam would be most visible. However, cosmetic dental fillings can be used anywhere in the mouth, as needed.
You may be a good candidate for cosmetic dental fillings if:
- You prefer the “natural” look of your teeth’s own color
- You need a modern, durable dental filling
- You worry about the appearance of your smile
Dental Veneers & Lumineers® in Lenexa, KS
You’re a good candidate for dental veneers and Lumineers if your teeth have mild cosmetic defects and no structural defects. The dental professionals at James T. Voorhees, DDS can help determine whether this form of cosmetic dentistry is right for you.
Dental veneers are a type of cover attached to the front of the teeth to hide stains, chips and more. Dental veneers are strictly cosmetic and are only used to improve the appearance of your teeth. Lumineers are a type of veneer that are made from laminate. They’re thinner and easier to place.
Your dentist will help you decide which type of material is right for you, based on your priorities, your budget and other factors. Some materials last longer than others, so ask your dentist what to expect from the material that your dentist recommends.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Improved appearance. Dental veneers are designed to improve the appearance of your teeth – this is their primary function.
- Smile you can be proud of. Aesthetic problems that concern you about your smile can be eliminated or covered up with dental veneers. Once you’ve improved the appearance of your teeth, you’ll love to see yourself smile.
- Can fix multiple problems at once. Dental veneers are capable of correcting multiple problems at one time, from stains to chips. Rather than going through multiple cosmetic dental procedures, you can get the teeth you want quickly.
You’re a good candidate for dental veneers if you currently have healthy teeth that you’re taking care of. If you don’t have good dental hygiene practices, your dental veneers may not last as long as they should, nor will they continue to look their best for years to come.
Your teeth are no longer white? Our whitening services can help eliminate years of stains to make your teeth whiter and brighter. Coffee, tea, wine stains – all can be eliminated or diminished with our teeth whitening services in Lenexa, KS.
Some benefits of our teeth whitening services:
- Feel less self-conscious about your smile. It’s never good to feel bad about the way you look. If you’re self-conscious about having stains on your teeth, talk to your dentist to get help.
- Improve personal and professional relationships. Your personal and professional relationships are impacted by the way you feel about your personal appearance. If you spend a lot of time feeling self-conscious about your smile, then your interpersonal relationships may be suffering. Get teeth whitening to make you feel good about your smile – you’ll want to show it off to everyone!
- Affordable prices. Teeth whitening from James T. Voorhees, DDS is affordable as well as practical. Call us to find out how much your teeth whitening will cost.
- Good for your mental health. When you feel good about the way you look, you feel good about yourself. Get professional teeth whitening to help improve your outlook, attitude and feelings of personal happiness and satisfaction.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
You’re a good candidate for teeth whitening if you already take good care of your teeth and have good oral hygiene habits. If you don’t take good care of your teeth, then getting your teeth whitened may not be productive, because they’ll simply go back to looking the way they did. Talk to your dentist about what you can do to improve your oral hygiene, including:
- Brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste
- Don’t smoke
- See the dentist at least once every six months for preventative care and maintenance
- Floss at least once per day
- Have your dentist show you how to brush and floss your teeth properly
ClearCorrect Invisible Aligners in Lenexa, KS
ClearCorrect invisible aligners is a brand of clear aligners that helps straighten teeth. Clear aligners are made from clear resin and are designed to fit over the arches of each jaw. Unlike traditional braces, clear aligners are designed to come off and be put back on easily.
To correct the alignment of your teeth, clear aligners shift the teeth in stages. Each time the aligners are worn, the teeth gradually shift to conform to the shape of the aligners. When the shift is complete, the aligners are replaced with a new set. You could benefit from invisible aligners if you have crooked or crowded teeth, or your jaws do not properly align when your teeth are closed.
Invisible Aligners Vs. Traditional Braces
Invisible aligners do the same job as traditional braces, but have many advantages over traditional braces. Below are some reasons that patients have often preferred clear aligners.
- Aesthetics. Clear aligners are called “invisible” because they are so subtle that they’re hard to see. Many people hesitate to wear traditional braces because they impact the way the mouth looks. ClearCorrect invisible aligners do not have this problem. In fact, they’re virtually undetectable except when seen very up close – and even then, they’re clear! If it’s important to you to preserve your smile, ClearCorrect Invisible Aligners have a distinct advantage over traditional dental braces.
- Convenience. Because invisible aligners can be removed, they’re easy to clean. To clean your aligners at night, simply take them off and clean them according to the instructions.
- Eat what you want. Traditional braces can be broken when patients eat certain hard or sticky foods. ClearCorrect invisible aligners can be removed at any time, so you can eat whatever you want and then put your aligners back in when you’re done.
Contact James T. Voorhees About Cosmetic Dentistry
With cosmetic dentistry in Lenexa, KS, you can achieve real beauty. For more information about teeth whitening, crowns, dental bonding, gum contouring and other services, we can help you love your teeth. Call today to make an appointment.